Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 26 in Field!



I don't have too much time today, but hopefully these will give you an insight on some of the exciting highlights of this past week!

We were on our way back from a teaching appointment, when we met a rain storm! 

Preparation at its finest... 


We decided to take refuge at Sister Booyi's home :)

Elder Hunt and Elder Davis biking by...it's always a part for them!








We had just managed to dry off when we saw a container on a passing cart fall off. 
Without hesitation, Keem rushed out, back into the rain to help these people pick up their belongings. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to have witnessed this 18year old hero. 
It was a humbling experience to be able to learn from the example of this young man. 
How many times in my life do I so promptly set aside everything else I'm doing, to help another in need? 



In Thailand, it's common to pick berries off trees and eat them on the go. 
Sister Sattatip loves this one tree at our LA family's home because it's full of Thailand berries.
Since the two of us are pretty short...she asked Keem, who helped us teach that day, to pick them for her! 

It never seizes to amaze me how much beauty and junk can co-exist in Thailand.

On Thursday, we were eating dinner at Sister Booyi's home, when the bishop's truck pulled up...and a very familiar face poked out the window!!!
BROTHER TIRRELL! It was such a huge surprise to see him that I was at a loss of words...
It was also interesting to reflect on how far I've come in the six months since I last saw him at the MTC!




Our fearless Greenie....

This is a picture of me!! Drawn by four year old, Byfern !

This is also a picture of me...drawn by 18 year old Keem!




HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 엄마!!
I miss you!! <3 





No comments:

Post a Comment