Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 58 in Field!


English Class


Teaching Pa Sanit


Little Thomas, the Future Full-time Missionary


Visiting the Bishop


Fishing at the Bishop's 


Kitties! 


We all took turns mowing the Bishop's lawn :) 


...and spent a significant amount of time observing ants... 


as well as giving kisses to this little fella...



Our Bishop has been a member for over 30 years!
This is their first Book of Mormon! 
What a precious treasure :)
I am so grateful for his loving service, his sincere care for the members in Korat and his willingness to do the work of the Lord. 


We had switch-offs in Chaengwattana (Bangkok) on Friday.
We left our house at 2am, got there around 6am and got home at 1am the next morning.
Despite being super tired, I am so grateful for the chance to have learned from Sister Williamson and Sister Black's examples of diligent missionary work.
I am impressed by their love and strength in doing the Lord's work! 
Thank you Sisters!! ^^


I also had the privilege of teaching Anne!
She is an investigator from Africa and has the most sincere testimony about God.
As we testified of the Restored Truths, the Spirit filled the room.
It was so empowering to be able to teach in English! I was able to express my feelings more fully and perhaps capture a little more of the magnificence of the Gospel. 
Testifying in a language that I have not yet mastered has definitely been a challenge.
Although I have gotten used to it, and the Spirit is the real teacher who will bring the truths to the hearts of all, being able to teach in English was such a special experience! 
Promptings from the Spirit are real!
If they weren't, I don't know how Sister Williamson and I could have been so on the same page, feeding off each other's testimonies, and supporting each other, and knowing what to say.
Going into the lesson, I was pretty nervous because I hadn't taught anyone in English in a really long time, but as soon as I opened my mouth, it was filled!
What a magical experience! 




On Saturday, after an awesome lesson teaching Yaay (Grandma) Gulap with Sister Ddu, Sister Ddu treated us to Coco Yens! 
Yaay Gulap has been an investigator for a very long time, but she is so close to being ready for baptism! 
We can just feel it!! 



Sunday! :D





Inviting at a beautiful park 





A Christmas gift from President and Sister Johnson!




Right now, I seem to be at a loss of words as to what to say this week...but I will say this:

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

My companion and I met so many nice people this past week! 
We worked hard to make up for the days that we were absent from our area, and it payed off!
Heavenly Father has been so merciful and helped us to accomplish a lot :)
It wasn't a perfect week, but this upcoming week will be a perfect one because we'll make it into one!
It will be the first and last full week in Korat this transfer.
Sister Ward and I are so excited to work harder than ever and really turn our week into a perfect one! ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment