Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 64 in Field!


Last PDay at Pi May! 


This is one tree that has grown for a very, very long time... 



Ancient Cambodian Temple Ruins




Elder Brown, our model :3








We are the Hipster Squirrels! 





Sermon on the Mount with Elder Stevens at FHE :3


Trip to Bangkok to renew our visas...and guess who I saw for the first time in a full year?!
ELDER BLAD!!! He's just the same lovable bear, just growing up to be a real man :) 


MTC FAMILY! 
(Sister Black and Sister Htway weren't there...but we didn't forget about them!)



Switch Offs with Sister Parker, my STL :D 



Some of the cool people we met on our switch off! 



Teaching our investigator Jeng, English :3 





Lots of English Prep!



Adding some flare to teaching English :P





And...we official started teaching English at the Military Base nearby! 





The Primary reading straight from the Book of Mormon with Mama Bird after church on Sunday!
This is one amazing way to discipline! 
Mama Bird is my hero!


Even little boys who can't even speak yet can share  <3


Kitties! 



This week went by in a blur. We were away for a day in Bangkok and we taught lots of English. 
We taught more investigator lessons than usual, and even had a new investigator as well as several investigators at church! 
I can't really remember all that happened, but we must have done something right to have been blessed like this :) 
Something that has been on my mind is gossip. 
I will echo what President Uchtdorf said in his May 2012 talk, "The Merciful Obtain Mercy:"
'This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. 
When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following:
Stop it! '
People are not perfect. 
Not only that, gossiping can lead to the spread of rumors not founded on any sort of truth. 
I had an experience this past week where I heard a rumor about myself and it was almost comical because the rumour told of a situation and place I was never in. 
All it will cause is heartache, distrust and I believe that in the end, the person doing the gossiping will be the most hurt. 
Remember that every single person on this Earth is a child of God. We are all siblings. 
Jesus Christ already atoned for our sins, so even if we are imperfect, we can one day receive Salvation as we follow in the footsteps of our Savior and King.
Let us strive to not add to his pains my hurting another through our words, especially when they are not around. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary in these latter days! 
I have been so blessed to be able to serve and learn to love the people of Thailand! 
How grateful I am to have another family here now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment