Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 67 in Field!



Another week has gone by, and my count down is in real time!
This new area has many challenges, but I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me to allow me to witness the miracles that we see every single day. Every time  my companion and I get discouraged, and are just about ready to give up, Heavenly Father graciously places someone in our path to brighten up our day. 

Family Home Evening with Br. Jok (our new assistant ward mission leader)'s family and friends! 



MTC Reunion at Sister Cordon (Primary General Presidency 2nd Counselor) and Elder Evans (of the Seventy)'s Special Meeting for Missionaries! 
We sure have come a long way!! 





Zofia 


Julie


My companion, Sister Fa



Getting FAT! 




The biggest miracle of the week!! Just the day before, our investigator B. Om was unsure about baptism. He said that if he saw Christ in his dream, he would convert...
So what a great surprise it was for us to receive this text from his wife who is already a member and has been patiently waiting for him to want to be baptized too!


Sister Smith and I had a switch off (she's my STL and we live in the same house now!) and was blessed to spend some time inviting at Lumpini Park, where it all started for us. 
This was the park that President Gordon B. Hinckley said the dedicatory prayer for the Work of Salvation in Thailand, and where each missionary called to the Thailand Bangkok Mission has the privilege of kicking off their missions! 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve close to my MTC companion as our missions come to a close :) 
What a blessing it is to be reunited in the closing weeks of our great adventure and to have the opportunity to reflect on just how far the both of us have come on this amazing journey! 





For the first time on my mission, I saw a father baptize his son!
What a wonderful thing it is to witness a faithful family continue to grow in the gospel :) 





It's been a long week, but I am grateful to be a part of the Lord's work here in Bangkok. 
This past week, I was reflecting a lot on the power of repentance. I am so eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending us a Savoir, that we may be able to leave our sins behind and keep moving forward.
I'm not perfect. No one is. But that is okay, because we have Jesus Christ who atoned for all of our sins and weaknesses and shortcomings. 
Through him, we can be liberated! 

I feel my Savior's love, in all the world around me!
His Spirit warms my soul through everything I see.
He knows I will follow him, give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior's love, the love he freely gives me. 

I feel my Savior's love, its gentleness enfolds me.
And when I kneel to pray, my heart is filled with peace. 
He knows I will follow him, give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior's love, the love he freely gives me. 

I'll share my Savior's love by serving others freely.
In serving I am blessed. In giving I receive.
He knows I will follow him, give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior's love, the love he freely gives me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment