Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 13 in the Field! - The Beast Within



A mission brings out the best and the worst...
I've never been better..
And I've never been such a monster...
But I am convinced that Heavenly Father shows our weaknesses clearly so that we can improve. 
The year before my mission was tougher and full of more of lessons to be learned than the 21 years before that combined!
If I had to learn and grow so much just in preparation for my mission...
How much more do I have to learn on this mission?

…the Lord asked me this question—unto what were you ordained?
 To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter, which was sent forth to teach the truth…. 
I will be merciful unto you; you who are weak… hereafter shall be made strong.

And I know that the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; he trieth their patience and their faith.
And none can deliver me, but the Lord our God.

Don't be frightened, but…remember the Lord our God and he will deliver us.

And I did pour out my heart to Him, and he did know the thoughts of my heart.

And the voice of the Lord came to me in my afflictions, saying: Lift up your head and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which you have made unto me; and I will covenant with you and deliver you out. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs…this will I do that you may stand as a witness for me hereafter, and that you may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

With comfort and peace, I now hold this prayer in my heart:
If I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions? And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? 
Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. 
Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
Do not anger again because of mine enemies.
Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions.
Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say:
O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul?
Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies?
Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin?
May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite!
O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness!
O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies!
Wilt thou make my path straight before me!
Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way-but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever.
I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh.
I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh.
Therefore, I will lift up my voice unto thee; I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness.
My voice shall forever ascent up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God.

And so, with this prayer engraved in my soul, I will press forward in the Great Work of the Lord, learning and growing along the way.




*verses from D&C 50:13-16; Mosiah 23:21,23,27; Mosiah 24:12-14 and 2Nephi 4: 26-35 have been taken and altered slightly to made it more personal to myself 




unleashing our inner beasts!





This is the reaction we get from most people that we invite...



Not interested.


In Thailand we have:

Beautiful Sunsets



Thai Squats


And Baptisms! This Golden Investigator, taught by the Elders was baptized this last Sunday!
Congratulations Sister Aoi on your conversion! ^^




This is the Gospel according to Sister Blaylock...



And now...I am no longer a Greenie!! 
When did that happen?! 
I am staying a third transfer in Srinakharin! 
It will be my second transfer with Sister Blaylock and Elder Hilton, and my third transfer with Elder Wager!
I am so excited to continue the work here! ^^






No comments:

Post a Comment