Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 16 in Field



The work continues here is Sisaket!
We've been busy running around, mostly visiting less active members and investigators! 
Lots of teaching, lots of biking, lots of smiles and laughter :)
Life is GOOD! 




We had a switch off in Roi Et this week!
Let's just say...it was quite the adventure!
Travelling to Roi Et took us about 6 hours in total...with the addition of bird droppings on my face, a bike that was too big.. 


And a very retro bus... It was an adventure anyone would be jealous of! :D 





I had the opportunity to visit this Sister who is over 90 years old while on the switch off with Sister Burbank.
Isn't she beautiful?



Sister Coates, Sister Burbank, Me, Sister Larsen


Sisters Burbank and Larsen are our STLs!


Our Fearless DL worked himself too hard...He had to be held up by his companion, Elder Weaver


​Elder Hunt and Elder Williams chilling in the font in preparation for a baptism!




The Beautiful Isan of Thailand! 



The Highlight of this week!
Little Sister Blami was baptized on Sunday!
She has to be tiniest, cutest, most sweet 9 year old ever!
(She just turned 9 years old on Sunday)
This is the testimony that she bore after she was baptized:
"Ever since I came to church, I started to know Heavenly Father.
I know that He lives.
The Sisters taught me that we can repent.
We ask for forgiveness and we don't do it again.


In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"




Little Blami was baptized by Sisaket's old bishop!


"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it.
I do not  glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." (Alma 29:9)
And this is what it means to be a missionary to me. 
I hope that I will keep on learning and progressing, that I may be an effective instrument in the Lord's hands. 


The funniest thing that happened this week:
There was a gigantic cockroach that found it's way into our room...
Sister Coates and I leaped from bed to chair to desk to try and stay away from it...


Here is Sister Coates, masterfully trying to find, and kill it! 


Look at that perfect Thai Squat!!





FLASH BACK:
My last morning in Srinakharin!
Tuesday, February 17, 2016 at 7am
Goodbye District! 







No comments:

Post a Comment